General English – Beginner to Advanced – CRICOS 016907C
WHY STUDY A GENERAL ENGLISH COURSE? (CRICOS 016907C)
The AICOL General English Course Program is the ideal way to commence your studies in Australia. It is designed to help you effectively communicate in English in academic, social or workplace settings. Our General English Program also provides a solid foundation for further study in the AICOL English for Academic Purposes course. The entry test ensures you will be placed in the correct class.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
As an AICOL General English course student you will have classes available from Beginner to Advanced, and you will
• learn the core skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening
• build fluency and accuracy in spoken English
• develop confidence to speak English, and to travel, work and live in Australia
• increase your English vocabulary
• improve your pronunciation
• graduate with real-world English skills you can use anywhere
• learn with experienced and qualified teachers in small classes
The AICOL General English course will build your confidence to speak English in a range of real-life situations. We understand that the biggest challenge to communicating successfully in a foreign language is the fear of making mistakes. Our teachers and staff will encourage you to overcome this fear.
COURSE DETAILS FOR GENERAL ENGLISH
– On your first day there is a placement test to determine which class level is right for you.
– There are five General English levels:
– There are 20 face-to-face classroom hours per week,
– Plus 3 hours studying at your own pace with teacher supervision in Guided Independent Study (GIS)
– Length of Course: 1 – 48 Weeks
– Intake date: Every Monday
– Assessment: Based on written projects, speaking tasks, group projects, and regular tests.
Students are moved into a higher level class when they satisfactorily complete a level or are not being sufficiently challenged.
If you only have time for a few weeks study and holiday see our Camps programs.