High School Preparation Course including STEM Subjects
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
CRICOS Course Code 022332J
Finding the right High School Preparation English Course for your child is just as important as finding the right high school.
- When does the course begin? A: On Mondays
- Entry age? A: 13 – 17 years (minimum age 12 years)
- Entry requirement? A: Pre-intermediate to Intermediate English based on AICOL entrance test. Higher result students are directed to English for Academic Purposes program.
- Class size? A: Maximum 15. Average 8 – 12
A good High School Preparation program is essential for any international student wanting to enter a high school in Australia. In response to the increasing focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) AICOL has now introduced STEM subjects. The course will also include:
- The language for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Development of the English macro skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Development of research skills, cooperative learning and other learning strategies used in the Australian classroom including Coding.
- Curriculum-related excursions
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Social language
- Study of Australia
At the conclusion of the Coding program students will understand how a computer program works. They will be able to use basic coding language to develop their own apps and games.
Most high schools offer direct entry based on an AICOL report. If requested, AICOL will pay the cost of an IELTS test for any student who completes 24 weeks or more HSP study.
We offer the best High School Preparation Course – make your own inquiries – compare us with others.
- Highly qualified highly experienced teachers
- HSP timetable aligns with Queensland Education school terms
- FREE Guardianship – conditions apply
- All classrooms have windows which can be opened for fresh air COVID safe ventilation
- Flexible entry dates
- Small classes with individual attention
- Interesting and varied learning materials
- Regular detailed progress reports to parent/agent/local school
- 20 hours core class-time learning, plus library time and sports time
- Includes 4 hours Coding sessions per week
- Plus 3 hours teacher supervised independent study
- Introduces student to Australian culture
- Option to join Young Learner or General English class while waiting for intermediate HSP entry level to be reached
- Suitable for age 12-17 years – primary school preparation also available
- Balance Tuition refunded if you start your course early at the local school
- AICOL offers a High School Placement service to both private and public schools
- Face-to-Face or join this class online
Good reasons to choose AICOL Gold Coast English school:
- We have our own in-house homestay placement service and we take care to place our students with an Australian family with children. We try to place the student with a family where there is a child going to the school chosen by the student.
- A wonderfully convenient safe and healthy location with a natural environment + Broadwater views
- Natural food readily available nearby
- Modern air-conditioned (if required) school building directly opposite the Southport Broadwater and parklands
High School Preparation Timetable
|Course||Dates – 2021||Length|
|1||Wednesday 27 January – Thursday 1 April||10 weeks|
|2||Monday 19 April – Friday 25 June||11 weeks|
|3||Monday 12 July – Friday 17 September||10 weeks|
|4||Tuesday 5 October – Friday 10 December||10 weeks|
Our Director of Studies is available to assist students and parents decide which high school is best suited for their future study needs. She will also assist with the high school placement if requested.