What is Cambridge B2 First ( formerly FCE) course?
- Cambridge B2 First (formerly FCE) course is designed for students who want to achieve an internationally recognized Certificate in English language ability.
- The Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) exam is recognized in most countries as the benchmark test for English language level ability. There is a strong emphasis on new vocabulary and grammar and their use in various contexts.
- AICOL is a long-established and well-respected English language college which does not compromise on quality.
- We offer a safe and friendly environment with personal support throughout your course.
- AICOL’s teachers are all highly qualified and experienced in delivering lessons at the level required by Cambridge.
- As a Cambridge IELTS pre-test centre AICOL has many years of experience working within the Cambridge examination framework.
- AICOL can provide a total package for students. We understand that English study is not just about face-to-face classroom learning. To successfully undertake your Cambridge FCE course a whole-of-life approach is necessary. Good living arrangements, an active social life, a safe happy environment and the chance to also practise your English conversation out of the classroom.
And remember, once you pass the Cambridge FCE test it is recognised by industry and universities for life.
- The FCE is an upper-intermediate English level examination equivalent to B2 on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference).
- Having this certificate demonstrates an ability to interact with native English speakers with a degree of fluency and spontaneity. It is proof of an ability to use written and spoken English at an upper intermediate level. See also C1 — Cambridge CAE Course Preparation.
- FCE in Australia is very good and reputed course and accepted by many universities worldwide.
- AICOL’s flexible format allows you to start any Monday throughout the year.
- If you wish to take the Cambridge exam, please see our preferred course commencement dates to maximise your chances of passing the test.
- The approximate exit level equivalency for Cambridge First Certificate English (FCE) is IELTS 5.0
- The FCE course comprises 20 hours of intensive face-to-face English classes plus 3 hours of supervised General Independent Study (GIS)
Exam dates for FCE exams for 2022 are as follows:
Exam date Preferred Registration Date
1. 11 March 1. 10 January
2. 7 June 2. 28 March
3. 25 August 3. 13 June
4. 29 November 4. 12 September
2022 — A$210
2023 — A$220
Full-time Tuition Costs and Fees
Materials Fee: Nil
Cambridge FCE Test Fee:
2022 — A$390
2023 — A$400