Why do a Cambridge CAE preparation course in Australia?
The Cambridge CAE course – Certificate in Advanced English course – is designed for students who want to set themselves a personal goal and achieve an internationally recognised Certificate in English language ability. The CAE exam is recognised in many countries as the benchmark test for demonstrating a student’s English language level. There is a strong emphasis on new vocabulary and grammar and their use in various contexts. The Cambridge CAE course is less academic than IELTS.
Once you have a Cambridge CAE test result, it is recognised by industry and universities for life.
It is the equivalent to a level C1 in the CEFR (Common European Framework). At this level a student –
• Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
• Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
• Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
• Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Why do the Cambridge CAE at AICOL?
- Because we welcome you to a safe and friendly environment with personal support throughout your course.
- AICOL is a long-established and well-respected English language college which does not compromise on quality.
- AICOL’s teachers are all highly qualified and experienced in delivering lessons at the level required by Cambridge.
- As a Cambridge IELTS , pre-test centre AICOL has many years of experience working within the Cambridge examination framework.
- AICOL provides the total package for students. We understand that English study is not just about face-to-face classroom learning. It necessitates a whole-of-life approach including good living arrangements and an active social life where the English learned in the classroom can be put into practise.
- AICOL’s flexible format allows you to start any Monday throughout the year.
- If you wish to take the Cambridge exam, please see our preferred course commencement dates to maximise your chances of passing the test.
- The approximate exit level equivalency for Cambridge CAE is IELTS 6.0 If you have questions contact us!
CAE Examination dates
4 January 2021 (10 week course)
CAE exam date 13 March
15 March 2021 (12 week course)
CAE exam on 9th June
7 June 2021 (12 week course)
CAE exam on 28 August
6 September 2021 (12 weeks)
CAE exam on 1 December
The course duration is 10 weeks or 12 weeks, with 20 hours per week of face-to-face contact hours and 3 hours of teacher-supervised General Independent Study (GIS) giving opportunity to concentrate on your specific area of need. This course can be started online during COVID19.
CAE test fee 2021 is $395. Tests are not compulsory.