Why do a Cambridge CAE preparation course in Australia?
The Cambridge C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) course – Certificate in Advanced English course – is designed for students who want to set themselves a personal goal and achieve an internationally recognized Certificate in English language ability. The CAE exam is recognized in many countries as the benchmark test for demonstrating a student’s English language level. There is a strong emphasis on new vocabulary and grammar and their use in various contexts. The Cambridge CAE course is less academic than IELTS.
Once you have a Cambridge CAE test result, it is recognized by employers and universities for life.
It is the equivalent to a level C1 in the CEFR (Common European Framework). At this level a student –
• Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
• Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
• Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
• Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Why do the Cambridge CAE at AICOL?
- Because we welcome you to a safe and friendly environment with personal support throughout your course.
- AICOL is a long-established and well-respected English language college that does not compromise on quality.
- AICOL’s teachers are all highly qualified and experienced in delivering lessons at the level required by Cambridge.
- As a Cambridge IELTS, pre-test center AICOL has many years of experience working within the Cambridge examination framework.
AICOL provides the total package for students.
Contact us if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist.
We understand that English study is not just about face-to-face classroom learning. It necessitates a whole-of-life approach including good living arrangements and an active social life where the English learned in the classroom can be put into practice.
- AICOL’s flexible format allows you to start any Monday throughout the year.
- If you wish to take the Cambridge exam, please see our preferred course commencement dates to maximize your chances of passing the test.
- The approximate exit level equivalency for Cambridge CAE is IELTS 6.0 If you have questions contact us!
Costs and Fees Information
CAE Examination dates
10 January 2022 (10 week course)
CAE exam date 12 March
28 March 2022 (12 week course)
CAE exam on 8 June
12 June 2022 (12 week course)
CAE exam on 26 August
12 September 2022 (12 weeks)
CAE exam on 30 November
The course duration is 10 weeks or 12 weeks, with 20 hours per week of face-to-face contact hours and 3 hours of teacher-supervised General Independent Study (GIS) giving opportunity to concentrate on your specific area of need. This course can be started online during COVID19.
CAE test fee 2021 is $395. Tests are not compulsory. Check out Cambridge B2 (FCE)