High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM Subjects
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
Looking for a quality High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM in Australia? A course to teach young students the English they need to settle comfortably and effectively into an Australian High School? A popular English course for Juniors?
In response to the increasing focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) AICOL has introduced its High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM. The course will also include learning the basics of Coding.
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
At the conclusion of the Coding program students will understand how a computer program works. They will be able to use basic coding language to develop their own apps and games.
Good reasons to choose AICOL English school:
- Fantastic location in a natural environment – the Gold Coast of Australia
- A superior High School Preparation Course – make your own inquiries and compare
- Healthy, natural food readily available
- Safe and friendly area
- Modern air-conditioned school building directly opposite the Southport Broadwater and parklands
- Interesting and varied learning materials
- Qualified and highly experienced teachers
- HSP timetable aligns with Queensland Education school terms
- Small classes with individual attention
- It is usually possible to enter the course mid term upon request
- Regular progress reports to parent/agent
High School Preparation Timetable
|Course||Dates – 2020||Length|
|1||Monday 20 January – Friday 27 March||10 weeks|
|2||Tuesday 14 April – Friday 26 June||11 weeks|
|3||Monday 13 July – Friday 18 September||10 weeks|
|4||Tuesday 6 October – Friday 11 December||10 weeks|
- 20 hours core class-time learning, plus library time and sports time:
- Includes 4 hours Coding sessions per week
- Introduces student to Australian culture
- Regular report to parent/agent
- Intermediate English level required
- Option to join Young Learner or General English class while waiting for HSP course commencement
- Suitable for age 12-16 years – primary school preparation also available
- Balance Tuition refunded if you are able to start your course early at the local school
- Quality AICOL homestay accommodation service with our own Coordinator
- AICOL offers a High School Placement service to both private and public schools
- FREE Guardianship – conditions apply
Our Director of Studies is available to assist students and parents decide which high school is best for their future study purposes. She will also assist with the high school placement if requested.
AICOL does not contract with Education Queensland International (EQI) for delivery of our High School Preparation Course.